Morning routine with a 1 year old / Mom-life / Work-from-home-mom




Hi there,

In this post, I wanted to share what a morning in my life looks like with a one-year-old. I personally love watching/reading about schedules and routines, so I wanted to share mine with you all. 

A disclaimer: Life with a toddler obviously will not have a fixed schedule; this is more of a flexible "rhythm" than a routine. And every mom and child will have a different type of life. 

Wake up: My little girl wakes up roughly around 6:30 to 7:30 am. I wake up with her. I know a lot of moms wake up before their babies. However, my baby doesn't sleep through the night as yet, so my nights are pretty tiring which is why I try to get in every minute of sleep I can get. Once Anika wakes up, she plays with her dad for a bit when I freshen up and get ready. 

Milk and Coffee time: Then I give Ani her bottle of milk, do a pajama and diaper change etc. Then as she plays with her grandparents, I have my coffee. This cup of coffee is really something that I rely on. I was never a big coffee fan, but now, its become necessary. 

Breakfast: I make breakfast for Anika after my cup of coffee. She's at the age where she's starting to enjoy different textures and flavors, so I try to do a mix of things. Somedays it's a health mix porridge, some days its scrambled eggs, pancakes, doases etc. I will make a blog about toddler food recipes in the future, Sometimes my husband and I would also have some scrambled eggs. Post her breakfast Anika will play a bit with everyone. 

Bath-time: A while after her breakfast, Anika has her massage and bath. I use Himalaya and Sebamed products for Anika. I wash her hair once a week. 

 I get myself ready for the day while Ani plays near me. I put on some comfy clothes, get my notebook and jot down the day’s to-do list. As a work-from-home mom, I find that planning is very crucial to stay on top of things. 

Nap-time: Ani has a morning and a late afternoon nap as of now. So somewhere between around 9-10 am, I put her down for her nap. 

Work-time: I work on my freelance job during Ani's first nap. I sometimes have a cup of tea or juice and a snack while working. (If the night was rough and I am exhausted, then I take a small nap instead during this time to get my energy up for the rest of the day)


Mid-morning snack and playtime: Once my little one wakes up, I will get her a fruit or soup snack, and then we'll play until lunchtime on the floor. 

So yeah, here is a small look at how our mornings look like. Do you have a favorite part of your morning routine? Do let me know in the comments below! 

Thanks for reading. I'll see you in the next post. 

-Supritha


Comments

Popular Posts