Random thoughts on a Pretty evening

A breezy Sunday evening, a walk on the terrace with some nice music on, a pretty sunset..and some thoughts from my head.




Today, I went up to my terrace and shot some pictures of the sunset. While walking around, I began to ponder certain things..so here are some Sunday Speculations. 

When exactly to we loose our childish sense of wonder? Why did we suppress our curiosity and start following orders blindly? But more importantly: How do we get back to being curious and child-like?

When we grow up, and become an "adult", we think we have to be a certain way, to think a certain way. But is that really a necessity? We need to become more responsible as we grow, that's a given. But there should always be a sense of wonder in everything we do. Lately, I've been realising, that I barely take time for things that I love. Instead I spend my time on things that i'm supposed to do. Don't get me wrong,I love my work and I'm super passionate about it. But because of it, I go into over-working mode, and even during my free time, I end up thinking about work.




This isnt something that only I do. A lot of my friends, colleagues and family members do this as well. Why is that? We loose sense of why we work. Work is a part of life, a means of life, and yes you can be passionate about it, but you CANNOT let it consume you. If you do, you'll burn out soon. you'll loose out on other aspects of life that are equally, if not, more important. And that is family, love, your welfare and health, your friendships, time in nature and so many other things. Don't let the child in you disappear. Always look for happiness in simple things, and more importantly don't sacrifice things that matter the most. 



The other things I found myself wondering about was- the outer space.  I am extremely fascinated with the concept of life in outer space. I'm not in any way, knowledgeable in the science related to life in outer space (except for binge watching 'Ancient Aliens' and reading conspiracy theories :P ) But I strongly believe in life exists outside the earth. Isn't it extremely egoistic for humans to think that the point of the entire universe, is us? There are probably so many other life forms out there... If so, do you think they have the same problems as us? Do you think they would also be waging wars on each other just cuz they live in different geographical locations on the same home? Would they also have technology that destroys their planet? Do they also look down upon their fellow beings cuz they have a different skin colour? Or is that kind of behaviour exhibited just by us humans? 


I know this blog is all over the place..but so are human thoughts right? What are your late evening sunday musings? Let me know if  you have any interesting ones in the comments below :)

/Supritha 


Comments

  1. Intellectual thoughts Supri.
    I could feel fully
    You have beautifully brought out the hidden thoughts rather emotions of many in your writing dear.
    Keep rocking

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment