Current Favourites

Books, products, and mental health favourites 



Its been a while since I filled you in about some of my current favourites... Here is a small compilation of things that I've been liking lately! 

Books


For the past few months, I've been reading a lot of books. When I was younger, I used to love reading books and could read upto 10 books a month. As I grew, even though my love for books never faded, I found myself reading lesser and lesser. However, for the past few months I've made it a point to read as much as possible.

I've been reaching out for books that are motivational. Here is what I've read and my review on them.



1. The Secret by Rhonda Byrne


Ok, honestly speaking, I was extremely skeptical about this book, and I just wanted to read it because of the hype around it. But, I was truly mind blown by the book and it's effects. It talks about how YOU control everything around you with your thoughts. The main concept of the book is that everything that happens to you is your doing, it is the effect and manifestation of your conscious and unconscious thoughts. I do not fully agree that every things that happens is a manifestation of our thoughts, but I do believe in the fact that your thoughts add on a lot of weight to the things that happen to you and how you handle life.

If you're looking for a quick read that will fill you with a sense of self-responsibility and help you take control of your thoughts and life, this book is worth a read :) 

2. Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine


This book was an absolute gem! These is the kind of book that totally is my genre.. bittersweet with a strong story line and message. It's about a completely weird and placid girl, who lives by herself and is a total recluse. How she tries to blend with the world around her, how she overcomes her difficult past and learns to open herself up is what this book is about. What I loved about this book was the way of story telling. Some stories are heavy and beautiful, however this story has a strong story line with a easy-breasy story telling. Definitely a feel good read. 

3. Freakonomics 


This is not a new book, but this is the first time I've given economic based books a read, and I must say, I was really surprised at how much information this book is packed with! But again, the way this book is written is a mix of humour and a gripping story line. If you're also a fellow newbie into the world of economics, this is a really good introduction book. 

Self-Care 


I travel a lot for work, for a big distance and Chennai is a pretty hot place and it takes a pretty big toll on your skin and hair. So,I've been trying to focus more on skin and hair care. I'm more comfortable with products that have natural products. Here's what I've been reaching out for:


1. Bajaj Almond drops and Patanjali Sheetal Oil


Almond oil is really good for softening hair and for reducing split ends. Sheetal oil helps cooling your scalp and in reducing inflammations and heat marks. What I do is, I mix almond oil and Sheetal oil in the ratio 3:1 and apply it on my hair, one a week for half hour at least. 

2. Coconut cream


Coconut cream is extremely nourishing and it naturally restores moisture and heals from within. I use the Patanjali Coconut Cream and it's been quite good. 

3. Body shop's Drops of Youth Cream.


This night mask has a gooey consistency, and is from one of my favourite brands, Body Shop. It helps in restoring damaged skin. While I don't use any of the other products too often, this is a product that I use religiously. It really works well. 

Mental- Health



If you've been following my blog, you know that I love meditation but sometimes find it hard to practice. I've been doing my best to get back into the routine of doing Vipasanna meditation, which is my preferred kind of meditation routine. It helps in reducing anxiety and managing stress better. 

I'm also trying to get into the habit of cutting off negative thoughts.This is easier said than done. But focusing on curbing your negative thoughts makes you realise how many negative thoughts we have in a day, and that most of them are directed toward ourselves. This realisation in itself, helps in eradicating negative thoughts and not loathing in them. 

Scent has a big effect on mental health and calmness. I've been a big fan of vanilla scented candles for a long time now, and recently I've also been liking the smell of roses, so I use rose scented room spray to set a calming environment in my room.

Hope you enjoyed this blog! See you in the next one!
In the meantime, you can follow me on Instagram, to see my daily adventures!

/Supritha 

Comments

  1. It is amazing to see how nicely you observe the minute aspects of what we observe in daily life.....Really awesome it is...very cute writing...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment