A Winter Afternoon

Cold and Cozy 

It's mid February, and in Stockholm some days feel super chilly and foggy, and other days are super chilly and sunny. And, me being the tropical beach and sun loving girl that I am,  I'm still constantly struggling in a love-hate relationship with the snow and ice, even after living here for more than one and a half years!

But nonetheless, I felt inspired to go out today, and I clicked some pictures along the way, of the things I did, places I went to, and what that I saw.

This is one of those random blog posts, where there's nothing on my mind and yet there's so much, that I just want to write and put some positivity out there and to myself as well :)

So hope you enjoy a random winter afternoon in my life.

I'm currently doing my Master thesis, but since I had a day off today, I wanted to walk around a bit, quieten my over flooded- with- thoughts mind, and just chill a little.

I went out to central Stockholm, which is usually the busiest place and I love crowds sometimes, and today was a day where I just wanted to be amidst a random crowd and do my own thing.

I got on a bus, put on my "feel good"Spotify playlist. You can check it out in the link below :) 


So with "Finesse", "I Got you", and "Black Beetles" playing, I rode around the bus, letting my music do it's thing and calming me.

Riding around in the bus


I then walked around central Stockholm and reached a Vintage garage sale, called "Beyond Retro".  I walked in and saw some really cool vintage jackets and accessories on sale, and bought some :) Who says retail therapy has to be expensive ;)




Beyond Retro Vintage Garage Sale

I then proceeded to just walk around and take in the cold. Thankfully, it wasn't too dark today. Here are some pictures that I took of things that made me happy :)



A random crosswalk in Kungsgatan, Stockholm

City Streets

Black, white, cold and frozen.

It's always lovely to see a pop of colour in a monochromatic world


Then I went to one of my Favourite cafes in Stockholm, Vete-katten, and got myself a hot soup and some coffee (my coffee addiction is getting too REAL right now, I need to work on it). I also worked on my thesis there for a while.

Vete-Katten

Artichoke soup, egg dip and coffee

Scandinavian habits that I've developed: Coffee is my best friend. 



With my mind a little more relaxed, I got back to my room :) And since it's still winter, it had gotten dark by then! *Sigh*

Walk back to my student housing


Dark and slippery, but beautiful - the roads and life. 


Right now, my life is hectic with my thesis on Arsenic Risk assessment and Blogging here and for Study in Sweden, and I love it that way. But there are days where I miss my hometown, where I miss the sun, where my thoughts are bunched up together, and my anxiety takes over. On days like that, it is better to take care of yourself, take it easy on yourself, pamper yourself a little, and get back on the grind.

/Take care and work hard, my little hustlers :) And if you feel low, always know, you've got a friend in me !

/Supritha


Comments