Fall Favourites

Food, places, books and much more. 



The light drizzle, a strong rain, falling leaves. Fall (or Monsoon), is one of my favourite seasons! It's the best time to indulge in excessive tea drinking, to cozy up with a good book, and rock those shades of maroon.

Here are some of my Fall Favourites.

Food and Drinks 


Camomile Tea

Camomile is an aromatic flower, and the tea made from this has this sweet aroma, and helps is getting a good night's sleep. It is also the best kind of drink for a cold, rainy evening! My dad suggested I try it, so I've been drinking Camomile Tea for the past one month, and trust me when I say this, I'm absolutely addicted! If you like tea, you should check it out too!



Peanut butter cookies

This is on the top of my Fall 'Comfort Food'.  You can get them at a supermarket, or a convenience store, but if you want, you can make them yourself too! 


My snaps


I've been experimenting with my photography style, and I've been really into taking photos with a darker tone and filter. Here are some of the pictures that I have taken, during the monsoon in Chennai, India and Fall in Stockholm,Sweden. 



 Colours



Fall Colours are just beautiful! The deep tones,and the coziness of the colours are just so comforting! 
You can check out the Fall Palate for 2017 here. Warm maroon, Black, dark blue, and dark orange are some of my favourite fall colours! 







Books


It's always a good time to kick back after a long day and read a book. Some of my favourite book genres to read now are mystery, family stories, and stories that are a bit sad but moving. 

Novels 


- Gaudy Night by Dorothy. L. Sayers:

 This book is a mystery about a all-female university, where what starts as a series of harmless pranks takes a dark turn. It's a nice read, the story line is refreshing and exciting. 




-Landline by Rainbow Rowell.

Rowell is one of my favourite authors. She writes these simple, but touching stories which is not only lovely to read, but also has these deep set lessons about human relationships. This book deals with an overly busy and ambitious woman, who struggles to balance her personal and professional life. It was really nice. I personally liked Rowell's other novels more, especially 'Attachments' , but this was also good!

-Full House by Maeve Binchy. 

I travel to my university in the Metro and I like to read on the way, since it is a one hour journey. There are these novels that fall under an umbrella called 'Quick Read' series, and I chose a book called 'Full House' from the local library here at Stockholm. These novels are fun to read, they are small and ideal for travel, since you can easily pop it into your backpack or handbag. Full house was about this woman and her husband, who struggle with three spoilt children (who are now working adults),who don't contribute to the house. It talks about responsibility towards parents, in a fun and touching way. 



Manga


Lately I've been reading a lot of Manga, especially because they are small, fun to read and don't take too much time. 

-Skip Beat by Yoshiki Nakamura and 
- I am here by Ema Toyama.

Both of these are funny, sweet and quirky!


Tv Series


- Vikings

I live in Stockholm, Sweden now. So it's only fitting to watch 'Vikings', when I'm in the land of the Vikings. I have seen only one episode so far, but I'm already hooked on! A lot of my classmates have recommended it to me! 

- Reign

This is a series I've been obsessed with for a while now, it portrays the life and Reign of Mary, Queen of Scots. It deals with her political and personal struggles. Not only is the story really gripping, but the way it is taken, the filmography, is just so beautiful. So, if you feel like binge watching something on a free day, I highly recommend checking it out! 


Hope you liked this blogpost, and I'm gonna leave with this small doodle of Fall :)



/Supritha

Comments

Popular Posts