Hello, World!



Hey there,

When people used to ask me what my ambition was when I was younger, I used to tell that I wanted to become a Civil engineer, or a lawyer, or a writer, or a dancer.. I used to think that once I become one of this, I would be happy, that I would have achieved my life's purpose.

Right now, I'm almost nearing my mid 20's. I've finished my under graduation in Civil engineering and I'm working on my Post Graduation.  I'm a classical dancer. And I write. So the little girl in me, followed her dreams...But, do I think that this is all that makes me happy? Do I think this is my purpose in life? No. 

Don't get me wrong. It is great to have goals. In fact, it is MANDATORY to have goals and to work hard to achieve them. But is this all that's needed in life? Our generation is taunted with not being able to "feel", we're said to be the generation that is just going after money, that we don't have a spiritual side to us. But think about it, we don't have to be ONE type of a person. 
The world is a competitive place for our generation. 
We were taught to focus on the end goal, we were taught to hustle harder, we were taught to compete and be first and leave the rest behind, we were taught that ambition and success is what matters. 
But, We were also taught the importance of spending time with our families, we were taught to be respectful, to give back to society, to live harmoniously with others, to realise the greater purpose, to be humane. 

We don't have to choose one path. We can choose both. 

Being a part of this ambitious and fast paced world doesn't mean we cant slow down to enjoy things that matter. I'm not here to tell you to go on a life changing journey, I'm not telling you to leave your work behind and become a saint. I'm simply telling you that there are things in every day, that help us disconnect from the monotony, I'm only asking you to discover those things with me. 

To discover the art of connecting with nature


The pleasures of watching the sunrise


The importance of travelling


The importance of understanding


The importance of family 


The importance of disconnecting to connect   

The importance of unlearning to learn 

Let's try to become the best version of ourselves possible. I'm not here to preach, I'm just trying to learn. And if you want to walk along with me, come along friend. Let's begin a journey that matters more than the destination.


/Supritha 









Comments

Popular Posts